Old 04-17-2018, 12:13 PM
queue
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by rightside02 View Post
Good for the FA , I am sure it's a needed evil on property . Sadly I think this will slow things down even further for the pilot group and your negotiations .

It's a false argument that FA's unionizing will slow down pilot negotiations. There is absolutely no reason for that being so. Pilot negotiations are already at the the slowest of any industry on the planet. I'm sure monkeys could reverse engineer a UFO in less time.

BJ is CHOOSING to keep negotiations at a slow pace. How long did it take BJ to negotiate new engines from P&W? How long did it take to negotiate new airplanes with Airbus? How long did it take to negotiate new interiors? Don't include testing or anything like that... I speak strictly of negotiations.

Remember, pilot contracts are not cosmic stuff. These contracts are almost drag-and-drop. It's not like every airline has vastly different contracts. This is simple transportation sector stuff. They're not designing the Space Shuttle for the first time. All of this can be hashed out in DAYS. So, no one should be content with months, much less years of negotiations.

If BJ says that it is too busy negotiating two contracts, ALPA should make lots of noise to the mediator. BJ has been filibustering for years and taking advantage of the RLA. Mediation has been ineffectual.

This communique is for entertainment purposes only. It does not implicitly or explicitly acknowledge employment with any air carrier nor is any relationship implied. This communique does not represent the opinions or policies of ALPA or JB ALPA and does not represent the collective pilot group, ALPA, nor does it imply collective bargaining, advocacy, or workforce actions intended to disrupt operations.