View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 03:40 PM
AimHigh1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by flydiamond View Post
Yea, they should. They’ve been credit pushing the junior lineholders. Don’t think all 25 of the most junior lineholders wanted max line range...I have no idea what crew planning is trying to accomplish in having over 50% reserve coverage in NYC. It’s creating a real qol issue for nyc reserve pilots. Yes, pilots sat reserve for much longer times in the past, but they flew, they didn’t just sit at the crash pad for over a month of not flying. They need to balance things out a bit, open more positions in other bases, create more lines, etc. reserve fos have been lucky we’ve had an unprecedented number of irops this winter and spring, otherwise things would be even worse.
Completely agree. I, and others went weeks-months without flying awhile back. I was expecting the junior line holders to get 18+ days off like they were getting before.. Not this 11-12 day off thing. Such an inconsistency of line to reserve ratio. Many people going back and forth between line/reserve, and many being stuck or even going down on the reserve list.