View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 04:31 PM
Boogerface
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by armypilot View Post
About this time last year I received the video interview invitation and got the subsequent TBNT. I was pretty bummed and puzzled because I really thought I had knocked it out of the park. Answered everything the way I wanted to. Or at least I thought I had.

One thing I didn't mention last year is that I had previously had an unsuccessful interview with Envoy prior to receiving the video invite.

I know why the Envoy interview didn't go well and I was curious if a bad interview at one of the wholly owned regionals would follow me to a possible AA interview, or in this case to the video interview when my app/video was being reviewed?

I was able to re-interview at Envoy a second time and the interview went much better and I received a CJO. While at the interview, I discussed this situation with the captain that did my HR panel (he asked about it) and he doesn't think that it would have followed me. He said that Envoy isn't even allowed to talk to PSA or Piedmont for legality reasons, so he doesn't think mainline would be able to see my Envoy file.

I just thought I'd reach out and potentially ask someone who is smarter than me. AA is still my first choice, I'd just like to know if I need to put that dream to rest.
My advice: take the Envoy job, build time, and keep pestering AA. You will get it sooner or later, and if not, you'll still have the flow in your back pocket.