View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 12:02 PM
Nightflyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Crewmember

Originally Posted by Rsv4lyfe View Post
It’ll be nice when you “bad to the bone” types retire and the culture here will start to resemble that of a Fortune 500 company with a diverse and inclusive workforce where you actually feel valued by our seasoned peers, and not that of a circa 1985 F-whatever military squadron that makes us feel as if we have to “earn” the right to call ourselves FedEx pilots.

Maybe then will young FO’s start to feel welcome at the company they’ve spent their whole life trying to get hired at.

Oh, and stop calling it at “jet.” It’s OK to go with the release just on the iPad, you don’t need all that paper anyway. Lay off the popcorn, those simple carbs are bad for you. Fox News is fake news and not everyone cares about your guns and Sean Hannity infatuation.

I like paper, it is a renewable resource, and we have plenty of trees. When you are a Captain, which sadly won't be long from now, you can run your cockpit like you want. Until then, shut up and color. You must be too lazy to print and staple my release, hence your attitude towards paper.

Why should we not call it a jet?

Never mind, I don't care about your answer, or anything you have to say, for that matter, based on your previous comments.

I think we should bring back the no fly list for Captain's, so this "better than the rest of us" person can be number one on mine.

Seriously, you need to look in the mirror and do some self evaluation, or your name will be in open time often because people won't want to fly with you.

I run a relaxed but professional cockpit. I don't need some 20 something telling me how to do my job. I'll let the check airman do that.