Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 12:21 PM
FlightLife
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by own nav View Post
Yes, the BE99 is entry level in SLC, then with more hours you can progress to the SA227 or BE1900, and then on to the E120. They had openings for all 4 fleet types in SLC on the last bid.

The BE99 routes are about 2 to 5 hours a day depending on the run. I did more than the aforementioned advertised annual average last year.

Show times are 530 for UPS, 615 for Fed Ex, and either 500 (monday) or 700 for DHL (a half hour earlier if you have to pick up your plane from the MX hangar). All of the routes except for the SGU 1900 and RXE BE99 have a layover. On the PM side you will pick up a load and arrive back in SLC around 1800 to 1930 depending on the run. The Fed Ex E120 is the only AMF route that currently operates on Saturdays out of SLC.

The base has had a rough couple years with the pilot shortage and management turnover being significant issues. The new base manager has been with AMF almost a year, and I think pretty much everyone would agree, he's very easy going and well liked.
OwnNav, thanks for the information. I'm aiming for the July class and SLC is on my radar for a base. I've noticed job openings for SLC often on the website and was wondering if the turnover rate for SLC was either a management issue or rough schedules. Nonetheless, its a base where I can still be in the Northwest.