View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 03:33 AM
captjns
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by CousinEddie View Post
Yes I am referring to on the aircraft.

Here were some highlights of how you can get to 126:

SYD-DXB 14:20 block, but only counts as 6:30 towards the monthly cap.

DH 16 hours DXB-LAX. 12 hour layover at hotel. Fly red-eye LAX- Milan. Minimum layover again. DH back to DXB. Total of 6 hours towards the monthly cap.

Sounds miserable. I guess the ME3 would blame unions for FAR Part 117 rules. Never mind that it is science based.
While your observations are off topic... reviewing the EK website the flight from DXB arrives LAX 13:15. The return departs 16:40. About 24 hours off give or take. Two day would be better.

Not to be padentic, I could not find nonstop operations from LAX to Milan on their website. They do, however offer service to Milan, which is operated by Alaska Airlines (LAX - SFO - JFK), then onwards to Milan with EK. The itinerary shows the flight departing LAX at 06:15.

That said, 12 hour rest in a hotel may be a bit of an inaccurate statement, wouldn’t you agree?.

My last ultra long haul operation has been many years ago... no my cuppa. I opted contracts offering medium range flights. But then again, some enjoy the ULH flights. To each his their own, I guess.

Last edited by captjns; 04-21-2018 at 03:49 AM.