View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 04:21 AM
Han Solo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: Fastest Hunk of Junk in the Galaxy
Default Varsity level XX day swap question

I don't mind conjecture on this, but please be specific if you've personally tried this and know it will or won't work. I have a 4 day block of RES. My daughter is graduating HS on day 3 of that block so I plan to IVD it.

At some point in the month I will want to take day 1 of that 4 day block and move it onto a day where CS might assign me 30 hours of rest since it's always better to rest on the company dime rather than my own. Assuming blue days and contractual time limits are met, does anybody know if I'll be able to move day 1 of that 4 day block of RES if I've already IVD'd day 3 (3/99/5 category)? IE, I now have this on my schedule

RES
RES
IVD
RES

If I don't IVD day 3 then I know I can move day 1. If I do IVD day 3 then I've already got an "illegal" block of RES; however, I don't know if PCS will poop on itself and give me an illegal RES day grouping error when I try and move day 1. I know I could just wait and use my IVD until the opportunity to move or not move day 1 has passed, but every effing day my wife keeps nagging me about getting the graduating day off. I'd rather just have it done for the peace of mind. Thanks!