Thread: NetJets straight to captain?????

Flyfalcons , 04-22-2018 10:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off
Flyfalcons
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jan 2015
Quote: Speculating that those over a certain age might have this, or that condition is not germaine to this discussion. A person 28 years old may have trouble hearing. A person 26 years old may have trouble seeing.

While the physical diabilities may preclude someone from flying, the age is not the determinant...the condition is. A person may be black, blue, or yellow. The color of his skin and his age are incidental to his disabilities....and abilities.

I have no problem putting my certificates on the line each time I take a check ride, or a physical, I expect to be held to the same standards as everyone else...age notwithstanding .

So many of the anti-age comments on this thread remind me forceably of the justifications for racial discrimination I heard in the 50's and 60's. Deja vu. Bottom line, some people feel justified in marginalizing groups without knowing (or caring) a thing about the abilities of the indivduals in that group.

It's just plain wrong.
Sure must have felt right for you all those years while working your way up at the airline.