View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 01:28 PM
doz4dllrs
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2010
Position: Airbus (the wide ones)

Originally Posted by PowerMan View Post
+1

Look, I’m disheartened to say this because I truly appreciate the job the negotiations committee has done. I’m also fully aware of the delay we will incure following a rejection of a TA. However, after speaking with reps to clarify our position, I will also be a NO on a TA that doesn’t meet at least industry standard as an overall contract. There is absolutely no reason we should accept subpar sections. On the contrary, given the sacrifice of this pilot group during bankruptcy, the extended timeline on that bankruptcy contract, the outcome of the LOA 67 arbitration, and the overall disregard and disdain the company has shown for our current CBA, we should expect higher than average. It’s just absurd that we are striving to ratify barely acceptable (or unacceptable) sections for a 5 year (that will become a nine year) contract!

Just take another look at that last proposal. Note all the “Accept ALPA xxx-xxx Proposal”. Not one is above industry average. The per-diem is subpar as is the term of 5 years. So is the LTD! Why? What gains offset these? Line bidding would be a gain as opposed to PBS but they are attempting to gut that as well. Even the wording of “LOA 67/signing bonus” leads me to believe that there won’t be retro. They obviously want to lump some petty $ amount together for a LOA 67/signing bonus that will allow them to avoid accountability for the delay. A $15000 (or whatever) bonus is worth $15000 today and $15000 two years from now! A signing bonus encourages the company to delay at all costs. Retro is the only motivator for swift resolution.

It’s just all shaping up to be a reflection of their opinion of us as discount pilot group. I don’t share that opinion. Without some drastic shift, they can also count my vote now.

Settle in, we will have to strike just to see a subpar TA. I think that after that we will have to scrap the process and start from square one.

Edit: spelling
I agree as well. What HAS been TA'd that is industry standard? At nearly every turn it looks like we are on track to bring up the bottom. How this is even possible when we are the most profitable airline in the nation is beyond me.

Its laughable that in the Negotiations Update they are comparing pay rates to Spirit when we should be providing an industry standard pay scale to illustrate just how poor their offer really is. That sleight of hand alone tells me they are managing expectations and we should be satisfied with something that is close to Spirit. Instead the most profitable airline in the nations should have a contract that at a minimum is an across the board industry standard contract.