Thread: Reserve Time
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 01:22 PM
Check Complete
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2010

I will admit I'm not on reserve, but from those I've talked with that have been on reserve for a while, it is really a living hell. And as another poster mentioned, it recently has gotten much worse. I know of a few people that are all out quitting SkyWest with out another job because of how bad the QOL is.

The brain donors at SAPA wrote a new reserve function that was supposed to improve reserve life, well it was so poorly written the company took immediate advantage of it. Basically a reserve day begins at midnight and goes until midnight of your last day. The company doesn't call you, now you have to check your schedule the day before and plan accordingly. It appears there is no turning back as the company loves it, even though they know what the pilot groups thinks of it. We are short of pilots and more pilots are leaving than we can hire, and we are supposed to have record hours through the summer.

I've been called each of the last few days I've had off. This place is having some hard times!