View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 08:52 AM
pinseeker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006

Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
I absolutely believe Shaman. I’ve done what he says and I know many others have too. I’ve had international revisions that have paid an extra $10,000 plus and still been home only 12 hours after originally scheduled. Sometimes magic happens with these revisions with extra landings, Duty periods, 200%, etc. I’ve had calendar months with 28 days of blue bar and only been away from home 12 days. I’ve dropped my entire schedule to do some work at home and had unbelievable charters pop up. I once got paid over 60 CH on a charter and was away from my front door about 32 hours! (And I’m a commuter.) MD-11 international/charter and 777 international—that’s where the $$ for less work are in the CBA.

But, you’re correct. Do nothing but reserve or domestic and just fly your line with some trip trades, and you’ll not see these numbers.
Not saying that I don't believe him, just that it is not average. I flew the MD internationally for ten years, never did reserve, and had some good deals. I just never picked up any extra after those good deals. Considering that now the MD bid pack only has about 10% of the flying as international, these examples aren't what the average 2nd year FO can expect.