Old 04-28-2018, 01:18 AM
aiir
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2011

Originally Posted by carlapilot View Post
so, but... if you have this garmin 1000 (I have googled it out), you still have the regular instruments, no? just the main thing u use, is this.
If all is electronic, and only a screen, if that is broken, than everything is broken... than how you know what's going on?

I have seen some planes from inside, very modern ones, not like the C152 what I am learning to fly... and really, only two big flat screens and that's it...
Yes, when you're on a G1000 equipped aircraft you still have the airspeed and attitude indicator along with the altimeter which corresponds to the top 3 gauges of the 6 gauge pack. This is available to you in case you no longer have access to the two electronic displays, it'll give you some idea of what is going on.

From what I understand, the main difference between both of these systems is in the instrument eye scan required for safe flight, and from what I learned via this thread is that it is easier to go from the standard 6pack gauges like those in your C152 to the G1000, and a bit from difficult the other way around. Therefore, you're on the right path and when the time comes you shouldn't have too much trouble moving on to the larger electronic displays. Goodluck with your training!