View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 04:19 AM
T28driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by AV810 View Post
[what a typical day looks like from a pay perspective]

Actually, I'm trying to understand a typical day from a "work" prospective. Your reference to FAR117 pulled up a good ALPA document that will probably cover much of my question : http://www3.alpa.org/portals/alpa/co...quirements.pdf

Still, it looks like a 12 to 13 hour duty day is permissible with a 4-leg trip starting at 6:00 or 7:00 am. Is it typical to be on duty for 12 to 13 hours in a day? Or does AWI try to avoid paying trip rigs by keeping your duty time to 2X your flight time?

[if it’s a late show time or early finish]

I think this is getting to the point of what I am trying to ask. How many hours is a "regular" duty day? One that doesn't involved either a "late show" or "early finish." I realize they vary, but on regular days, how many hours of duty do you guys typically expect?

The way our schedules are built right now, expect to be on duty for 10-12 hours at least 2 out of 4 days on a trip. You will probably have at least one 5 leg day. We also have plenty of long overnights, so you will probably have at least one 18 hour plus layover.