View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 06:39 AM
BPWI
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: BD-700A

Everything depends on circumstance. If you are flying 135 or bottom-rung 91, yes I'd run. If you are flying a 650 or Global, I'd sing an entirely different tune.

Originally Posted by Bengal View Post
I am considering making a move from corporate (part 91) to 121; specifically Kalitta.

My #1 attraction to 121 is a fixed schedule. I don’t mind working hard when I’m working, which I gather I’d do at Kalitta. But I’d also like time where I’m definitely off .. no risk of “I know you’re scheduled off tomorrow, but we need to fly to ABC,” or having something scheduled because we aren’t flying, only for a flight to come up at the last minute.

Other attractions to 121 would be additional stability, variety involved in the flying, and flying with different pilots. Flying the same places over and over, and with the same person.. well, it gets tedious, hence another reason for my attraction to Kalitta.

For those that have made the switch from 91 to 121, what do you perceive to be the pros and cons? Especially based on what I’ve said I’m looking for above? And if you have anything to share about what I’ve said, specifically as it relates to Kalitta, even better.