View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 02:00 PM
dracir1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Lineholder

Originally Posted by CorpJetDriver View Post
"the maintenance is Allegiant like"

I've heard a lot of good and bad on here, but this caught my attention. I'm curious how many F9 pilots feel this way.
Actually, quite the contrary has been my experience. I included a negative statement about the maintenance as part of the example of all the negativity because that seems to be right in line with everything else in this thread about us . . . which is my point.

Let me be clear. F9 is not a great place to work right now. There are by far more negative aspects about this job than there are positive - many of which have been discussed infinitum.

However, there ARE positives. Prior to coming here, my experience has been with Boeing so I've pretty much been a Boeing guy. However, after flying the Bus for a while, I tend to like it - especially the size of the cockpit. And, since the fleet is fairly new (another positive), maintenance has been good. I've felt no pressure from management to accept broken aircraft or to not write up things. The flight attendants are decent enough - no better or worse than my last airline (regional). The training department seems really knowledgeable and helpful. The check airmen all seem to be fair without agendas. There are other small things ...

Overall, of course, my advice to anyone coming here is the same as it would be if I were at mainline - here's what's good, here's what I don't like about this place and here's where I think we're trending as a pilot group. And, as I mentioned above, there is a whole lot more "don't like" than like here.

Take it or leave it and good luck.