View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 09:48 PM
Shaman
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Fetal in the hub

Originally Posted by PurpleToolBox View Post
Yes, exactly! I'm not trying to persuade someone from coming to FedEx by airing the dirty laundry, although I think those folks should be told what is messed up here. I am posting what absolutely stinks so perhaps those higher up in the union or possibly those in management tasked with "how can FedEx attract top quality recruits in the future" see whats wrong here. If enough of us complain, then maybe these things will get fixed.

Another example of WTF??? The MD-11 pilots use a gym mat, thrown onto the floor, as a crew rest facility. That's not a joke. The pilots on the few MD11s without a sleeper bunk, on long haul flights, have a mattress similar to a gymnasium mat that is laid onto the dirty floor that they sleep on in the courier area of the airplane. How in the world was that ever deemed acceptable?

I know I've stirred the hornets nest. I did it for good reason. Some people will continue to defend how great this place is yada yada and nothing is wrong. Yet, there's plenty that needs to be fixed. Some of our work rules are absolutely ridiculous if not non-existent.

We shouldn't accept this crap because "thank God I don't have to deal with passengers, 3-4 legs a day, being in airports all day long etc.etc." Instead we should be finding ways on improving our work rules so this absolutely can be called the best job in commercial aviation.

I'm sick and tired of ALPA setting future expectations. How many times have you heard someone, even ALPA leadership say "its going to be 2-3 years after this 6-year contract before we get another." NO NO NO NO NO!!! Why are we setting expectations like that? Eff that. That is not acceptable at other airlines and it shouldn't be acceptable here. We should be reminding FedEx management of the amendable date and that we demand a contract within an acceptable time frame. 2-3 years isn't acceptable and we won't stand for it.

We must get united as a crew force now. I am hoping that we hire as many regional bubbas as possible, people who have been screwed over by other managements and know what it feels like and looks like. Nothing against the military pilots as I am one, but many of them don't know what they don't know. We need people willing to stand up and say no instead of folks whose mindset is to get the mission done at all cost. FedEx pilots can't afford another C2015. We can't afford the mindsets of "well we've always done it that way" "what will we have to give up in order to fix that" "it is better than the way we had it at company XYZ/USA/USAF/USN/USMC/USCG" to keep screwing us over. We must unite and fairly demand a contract and work provisions similar to or better than our passenger counterparts. Our job involves higher risks than them and according to the leadership notes on PFC, our crew members continuously step up during critical operations to keep this train on the tracks.
This right here ^^^^^^^