View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 04:47 PM
SoFloFlyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by rpatte1637 View Post
Sonic Flyer:

I am 54 and never had anything worst than a cold in my life up until April 2016. I had just started initial training for ExpressJet and thought that I was just having a reaction to the simulator that day, because my sim partner had some similar problems earlier in training due to his glasses. I started to notice it while in debriefing, but thought nothing about it at first. After debriefing we started down the hall and stopped to talked a little more, I could feel myself losing grip on my bag. When we started to walk away, my left side just gave way. Luckily everyone was still near by and a coast guard first responder pilot was there too who helped to rendered assistance. I was rushed to the hospital and given TPA and immediately started to improve. I never really felt like anything major was wrong, it was just something not quite right. The doctors ran many tests and believe that it was just a piece of plaque that broke loose somewhere that caused it and it will probably never happen again. I am now on oral diabetes meds and high blood pressure meds. I am thankful to everyone that was there that day and hope that my story helps others someday. Had it happen 30 minutes later, the outcome would not have been the same, so if it was going to happen, it happened at the best time. I've made a full recover and look forward to continuing my flying career soon. For everyone else out there please remember "FAST", Face droop, arm weakness, speech (slurred), Time (Call 911), the faster someone gets assistance the better their recover will be, I am proof of that.
That’s insane! Glad you’re okay, man!