View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 07:16 AM
DC8DRIVER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 747

Originally Posted by Davetastic View Post
Why are you so persistent and hysterical in arguing about my opinion? Why does that matter to you SO much that are constantly trying to force me to your point of view? All I have done here on this forum is put up rebuttals to quotes posters have made about court cases or other facts and opine about why the company does what it does. I am not defending them or anybody.

Furthermore, you can't possibly discuss the case of the deceased widow because you don't nor do I have all the facts. So it is all speculation as to what happened. You sound desperate when you use that case or other emotionally based arguments to get others to see your point of view because NONE of them have any bearing on our negotiations.
I am persistent because of your constant defense of the company, your constant attacks of the union, and the resulting damage these positions are doing to our efforts to secure a new contract.

You say that it’s not the company that produces the toxic environment but it’s the pilots who do. This is not the case for anyone other than a company yes man. The company has sued the pilot group. That is toxic. The company refuses to negotiate in good faith. That is toxic. The company can not maintain a well educated scheduling department resulting in daily scheduling errors. That is toxic. The company takes a widow to court to prevent her from collecting her deceased husband’s legally earned benefits. That is toxic.

Yet you defend these things. You say it is the union that is to blame for the delay in negotiations. You say that because you have not been the victim of scheduling errors, there must not be any. You say that the company is justified in denying the widow’s benefits because of “loss mitigation”. We maintain that the company’s first obligation should be to their employees, not their shareholders. Successful large corporations treat their employees well and that results in the best performance for the shareholders, not the other way around.

Instead of running for union office or trying to make positive contributions from within the union, you criticize the union publicly. This does not create unity, it creates discord within the union. That is a bad thing that you apparently do not care about. You claim that nothing that you can say or do will affect negotiations. Saying these negative things about the union directly affects negotiations, but either you do not know this or you don’t care.

There are many things that a pilot can do that will affect negotiations: Not criticizing the union in public is one. Walking a picket line is another. Privately offering constructive criticism is another. Running for union office is another. Running a committee is another. Supporting the union’s agenda is another.

Now, I don’t pretend to know what your motivations are, but whatever they are, they do not seem to be supportive of the union’s direction or decisions. Whether it is because you can not get hired elsewhere because of some skeleton in your closet or your desire to ascend the corporate ladder into some sort of management position or both, your claim that you support the union simply is not the case. This is very clear from your posts.

Now, obviously you are free to post your opinions here, but don’t continue to say that you support the union because your actions indicate otherwise.

This constant and inappropriate denigration of the union and their agenda and your support of Atlas management erodes our contractual efforts. THAT is why I will continue to set the record straight for others to see.