View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 07:00 PM
Fdxlag2
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by FXLAX View Post
I'm not really sure why you keep making assumptive arguments as to why we can't have a commuter policy for all flights. What I'm saying is that instead of coming up with possible scenarios as to why it wont work here, lets come up with ideas that can work here.

Like I said, company codifying what they feel is best practice to commute into contractual language would be better than what we have now, which is nothing. Even if it means being in base 12 hours before show time. If that helps a pilot make a less stressful commute, its a win win.

Now, can we stop looking for reasons why we can't and instead look at ways we can? I'm not experienced enough in commuting into international flights to make a suggestion on that nor am I creative enough. But I do feel its unfair not to have a protected commuter language that's the same for domestic flights.
So in essence you want to punish the domestic commuters who can commute in and operate out because reserve guys can’t? The company has a policy, it is in the contract, get to your base in time to check in for your trip or meet the 1 hour call out. If you don’t you lose the hours. If your commute plan sucked you lose the hours and get a nasty letter in your file. Do you really want to require the guy who drives in from Nashville to get there 8 hours prior?

The “Protected” provision isn’t screwing anyone, it does help a large percent of commuters. A 12 hour deviation type check in for a non deviation trip would not make anyone’s commute less stressful, just the opposite.