View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 07:27 PM
LRSRanger
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Left seat bizjet

Originally Posted by goinaround View Post
There's a lot of former military evaluator pilots with stellar records and masters degrees running around the ACMI ranks as well. But thanks for advocating turning ACMI into a stepping stone in your career. These management teams surely do appreciate you.
I'll assume that "stepping stone" isn't a dirty word in this context. Or maybe it is. APC is hard to read in that regard. I'm not as lofty as a military evaluator pilot, but I can tell you stories about being on the ground calling in you guys to save our ass. I spent a few harrowing years kicking doors as an infantryman at the behest of our government, and now the same motivation that guided me to kick in a possibly boobytrapped door with a haj holding a PRK behind it summons me to attack this new career.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't give two squarts of **** if you were a military evaluator pilot, at least if that's what still makes you feel superior to everyone else. If the shoe fits wear it. I tried AROTC, and my eyes didn't let me get a flight slot. Life is what it is. You aren't superior for a second.

I earned my rank.