View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 08:16 AM
Willy100
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2018
Default Last AME "gave me a clean slate"??

So, this has got me stressing about my medical app this year. Since I started flying 10 years ago I've been to the exact same AME every year. Except last year. First some background. When I was in college about 7 years ago I had some heart palps that were diagnosed as benign PVC's brought on by caffeine consumption and stress. I cut down on the caffeine and they improved and haven't been a bother since. Nonetheless I ticked the yes box on "heart and vascular trouble" and have religiously done so every time since, with no problems or questions in the last 6 or so medical issuances.

So last year I go to a new doc since he's closer than the one I've traditionally used. Honestly i left the appointment feeling his operation was a little sketchy. He tells me theres nothing wrong with me and that I need to stop ticking the yes box and that he's going to "give me a clean slate" in the comments. I didn't fight him on it since I just wanted to get out of the appointment but it left me really confused. I was under the impression that once you tick "yes" you have to tick it forever. A few calls to AOPA have confirmed this suspiscion.

1. Can an AME actually "give you a clean slate" from a yes box on the previous conditions section?

2. Could he have without my knowledge changed my application, or can he only add comments to it?

My biggest worry is that he edited my application to untick the heart and vascular trouble box and that when I go in for my new medical this month (back to the original doc that I liked and didn't sketch me out as much) that it will throw flags in Oklahoma city when the get an App with a box ticked and "previously reported, no change" but nothing on the last application indicating a condition. I've never had problems getting certified and am worried that this will rock the boat somehow, and I want to do the right thing and submit how I'm supposed to. Any insight?