Thread: More CRJ 900s??

unity2010 , 05-02-2018 05:31 PM
Line Holder
unity2010
Line Holder
close
  • Joined APC
    Jun 2013
Quote: In all honesty I think the most obvious place for any more 900 flying is PSA.

Mesa seems to be experiencing a somewhat rocky period here lately. They are losing 175s to RAH who just announced an IAH base. They just reneged on their ATL base announcement. And they have the CCP with United (though I’ve heard rumors they may in fact NOT have it?). Somehow I don’t see American expanding their Eagle flying with Mesa.

SkyWest is beginning to show the signs of struggling to recruit despite a bunch of incoming aircraft. I don’t think the 900s will go there.

Envoy I don’t think is going to happen. They want us to take 2 CRJs /month as it is now (and that may just start happening in the near future once some of our efficiency issues work themselves out ). I don’t see why AAG would want to put the 900s at Envoy.

And ExpressJet seems to be winding down although I suppose crazier things have happened.

I think if these come to American Eagle it will be with PSA. The question is if they’re going to be to replace some of the 200s or if they will be growth beyond the projected 150 aircraft fleet... And if they’re growth, what base (or new base) will they be going to?
From a reliable source More 175s for envoy, announcement tomorrow !!!!