View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 06:18 PM
kme9418
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2009
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by AV810 View Post
Long before we evolved a brain capable of speech, our evolutionary predecessors had the need to make decisions just as we do today. They needed to decide whether to attack or run, whether to eat something or pass it by, etc. The very primitive brain they were using still exists within our modern brain and it has been honed via evolution, since the poor decision makers did not survive. The problem is that it developed prior to our capacity for speech and exists closer to the spine where it works on a lower level. This primitive decision making part of our brain communicates with us in a primitive way... the "gut feeling" we all talk about when we're trying to make a decision. Many major decisions are better left to the "gut feeling" you get, uncomplicated and unconfused by logic and arguments. Think of it like a reflex action that moves your hand away from a flame before you can even realize there's a problem. When Yow AV8R says "I am in the early stages of the career but know that the career is not right for me." that's all the further you need to go. When you know, you know. Get constructive finding a better match and your outlook will improve as soon as you begin the search. Good luck!
Or, maybe, the ones that are finally successful are that ones that don't quit when they feel like quitting. I don't know. I'll tell you on the day I retire.