View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 05:39 AM
Flogger
Part of the problem

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: CRJ200 CA

Originally Posted by Mesabah View Post
I don't know how you got that from my post, but a 4 year degree program is a full time student to a Bachelor's degree. Delta, other than for an internship(must be a full time student), always lists the degree requirement as an Associate's, Bachelor's, or Masters. It's well know that Delta considers length of time to complete a Bachelor's in the pilot position. Just look at Delta's other job listings where a degree is required, the never say 2 year, 4 year, 6 year program.
Here is my take on the degree thingy. You got a huge stack of apps.You use the degree requirement as a way to make the stack smaller and your job easier, or you simply don't allow none-degree apps to even get in the pile. That's about the only value of the degree. Delta has demonstraed they really don't care about the degree by hiring pilots without a degree.

It simply makes the job of filling classes easier. If the day ever comes that DL is not getting enough apps, the degree will be the first fruit to fall off the tree. Then wind checks, then volunteerism.