View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 05:35 PM
FlyingKat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2011
Position: Taco Rocket Operator

Originally Posted by sqwkvfr View Post
Remember when RJET took over a bunch of Ejet delivery positions from a EU operator when they announced those @50 additional Ejets for UAL pre-bankruptcy? I think it may have been FlyBE, but my memory is fuzzy.

I do, however, vividly remember being in recurrent class a day or two after that announcement. Wayne Heller himself came in to talk to us, I imagine since he knew that spirits would be high. He told us that before they were able to secure those additional delivery slots, Republic had been in talks with Bombardier to buy CRJ 900s to do that flying.

If Bedford sees a way to make more money or better position his company, nothing is off the table.
Well I can remember the day when BB had to take the old Independence Air CRJs out of the desert to cover the CO flying when Expressjet kept 60ish EMB 145s as branded flying instead of returning them to Continental for RP to fly. BB came in during a break in recurrent training, and when asked if this meant we would be getting more Bombardier products, he said the CRJs would only be on the certificate until the day came he could send them back to the desert and replace them with EMB 145s. He then went on to elaborate on how inferior the Bombardier CRJ products were in comparison to the 145 and 175.

Not saying BB wouldn't do anything to make money, but he hates CRJs, and that came right out of BBs mouth.