View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 04:51 AM
SilentLurker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Position: FO
Default False advertising by Envoy

Originally Posted by Whiskey4 View Post
Was the company doing forced upgrades when you were hired or initially started talking with recruiters? Remember, recruiters don’t have a crystal ball. I doubt they were trying to screw you, and they just shared the best information available at the time. Back in 2017 First Officers appeared to have a reasonable expectation of receiving the full retention bonus.

Besides, why would you want an FO retention bonus when you can be making captain pay and have a much higher rate for OT? I get the perks of higher seniority and staying in a particular base/aircraft, but wanting FO wages + retention vs. CA pay doesn’t seem to make sense.

FO: $37000 + $10000(bonus) = $46000

Junior CA: $60-65k + $99-105 OT rate (after considering the 1.5x)

(Numbers are very approximate)

I’m fairly certain the $15,000+ in compensation you feel that you will never see will be supplied by your higher wage. In overall earnings you should come out ahead. Am I missing something??
Why should anyone have to Upgrade just to work OT & make up for the the “40 acre and a mule” originally promised in written advertisement, and speeches from recruiters? This is where the disconnect occurs & bad blood festers. When you come to a company expecting to earn a certain amount; flow at a certain time, and to find out it was all white lies. Creates animosity and distrust very early.

People want to work for a honest & ethical business. Take away the choice of position from a man or woman and you literally make them “serfs” in a feudalism business. Serfdom is no bueno. Neither is white lies to the ears of God and the blind fold of justice.

Last edited by SilentLurker; 05-05-2018 at 05:17 AM.