View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 02:32 PM
captjns
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by Setopbug View Post
Because in over 1500 hours of left seat US legacy time, I've flown with a whole damn bunch of former regional airline pilots. Dozens. And not one from EK. If I'm interviewing and have my choice between a hard-working regional grunt who's been flying four legs a day in and out of high density hubs with my customers on board, and some long haul bunk monkey whose current employer requires the autopilot to be on except for takeoff and landing, guess who's going to get hired?

Regardless, I wish you luck. If it's not too late, choose the regional carrier. You'll make that pay delta up by being hired at a legacy carrier long before the EK pilot.
Setopbug, you really can’t comment on overseas operations until you’ve been in it. Multiple legs a day... Immigration and Customs march at every stop... many times left to one’s own design where creativity ensures one’s survival in some situations. That said its unfair to rely on the propaganda espoused how easy life is as an expat, by those who’se idea of international travel is a day at EPCOT Center.