View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 03:39 PM
jules11
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: LAV

Originally Posted by JetDoc View Post
I agree with you to a point but as you eluded to in your post, I feel that that logic will not work for much longer. The stack of apps that delta has is not nearly as deep as they think it is and here is why. I myself have apps out at 4 different companies and I WILL go to the first one that offers me a position, effectively removing my app from the other 3 stacks. Now extrapolate that out over every guy trying to move on. I would opine that the vast majority of us have at least 2 apps out if not many more. Divide that stack by 3 or maybe 4 and that is the true figure that all of the airlines have to pick from. Now I do understand that the pool is dynamic with people entering and leaving it everyday but he point still stands, the true stack is not nearly as deep as everyone thinks it is. With the massive amounts of retirements still yet to come it is a discriminator that will not be sustainable. That being said, we all know that all the major airlines are pretty arrogant when it comes to their hiring and they may very well believe that that stack they have over at HR is full of folks who only want to work at that particular airline but they do so at their own peril.
Couldn't agree more. They love to boast the fact that they have 11,000+ applications on file but don't seem to realize that we know that the overwhelming majority of those applicants have also applied to one or more other major or low cost airlines and will likely go to, and remain at, the first one that takes them.