Line Holder
MathA340
Line Holder
close
  • Joined APC
    Sep 2007
  • Position
    Left Seat Training Piper Cherokee
My first love of aviation or better yet knowing that I deffinetly wanted to be a Pilot was when I was 10 years old in 2001 when My dad decided were going to Jamaica to visit our family.He booked the American Airlines tickets, and from that moment I was obsessed about the flight to the point that I did not even sleep the night before haha. The flight was something like AA4565 or something like that and It was from JFK-KIN(Norman Manley International Airport in Kingston fyi) departing terminal 8 at 10 am arriving in Kingston around 1:45pm. I will never ever forget the smell of coffee boarding the 737-800 and seeing the galley. It however was scary in a way to me taking off as I was pushed into my seat then all of a sudden I was rising( It still is to me when I fly Airlines, exspecially when I sit in back of the wings). I looked out the window and all I saw was a boardwalk looking peir and then a sharp turn to the left to start heading south for KIN, long story short on the way back I saw the cockpit and seeing all the buttons I was attached. My most recent flight in march though was my most loved on Air Jamaica same route but it was a A340-300 and it departed around 3:00 pm and arrived Kingston at exactly 6:12. Longstory short again decending into Kingston was sooo facinating looking out the window and I sware to God the clouds over JA looked just like heaven and the sun was setting. Upon disembarking I asked one of the F/A's if I could talk to the pilots and I got attached even more, the A340 in my opinion looked like a Spaceship when it came to buttons and screens compared to the 737. FASTFOWARD, Currently I am attending the flight school in NJ called Somerset Air Service and I cannot wait to get my PPL when I am 17, but as of now I do not fly as much because of funds, as most of you can imagine, well I know that my experience was very long but the passion I have for flying just forced me to explain my whole journey.