Old 05-07-2018, 11:41 AM
ClemsonPilot
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by peaches View Post
My company in North Carolina has hired 4 new FOs recently (all under 300 hours) to fly Citation Jets, King Airs, and Citation Excels. I know of at least one FO that is leaving soon. Not sure if they will hire to replace or just keep the FO list at the current number once he leaves.

I can ask and find out, but there are plenty of operators that never advertise job openings that would hire someone with less than 500 hours. You either need to know someone or do a lot of research.

I have used two successful methods of finding companies that hire but dont advertise.

1) Download the Part 135 list of Operators off Google. It has all of the part 135 operators. I then google the name of the company I find in the area I want to live to see if they have a website and then find an email address to contact and go from there.

2) Target a specific area or airport you want to live/fly out of and look at the arrivals and departures on flightaware. Eventually you will notice the same tail numbers flying in and you can find out who owns the airplane or which company it is registered to. Then just follow the last sentence of method 1.

Some people might think it is "stalkerish" but I can personally say that I received a job offer recently due to this tactic and impressed the interviewer with my persistence.

The jobs you see advertised on APC are great, but they are just the very tip of the iceberg.

Good Luck in your search!
Whats the name of your company? and where in NC is it? I'm originally from SC and would like to move back to the area.