View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 07:53 PM
JohnBurke
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by CAPILOTION View Post
My student has a check ride tomorrow and the examiner mentioned that he should know what the requirements are for the following scenario. If a person buys a Cessna 152 for example and wants to hire the applicant as they are pilot what requirements need to be met. Can anybody point me in the right direction? The only things I could think of were The student “commercial pilot “ needs to have a second class medical, he must meet the passenger landing requirements, and the airplane must undergo a 100 hour inspection. Besides that what else am I missing? Maybe something with added insurance coverage? Thank you
If someone buys a 152 and wants to hire your newly-certiicated student, no problem. There is no need for a 100 hour inspection on the aircraft; maintenance is the owner's problem.

Your student needs a commercial pilot certificate with category and class ratings (airplane, single engine land), and a second class medical. He must have a current flight review and maintain flight currency (night, landings, etc). Added insurance isn't a legal necessity, though the policy should cover the pilot (pilot shouldn't have to insure himself).

If passengers or cargo are flown for compensation or hire in any way, then the aircraft owner or operator must hold a 135 certificate, and your student must meet 135 minimums and be qualified under that program. In that case, the aircraft will require a maintenance program.