View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 06:24 AM
benzoate
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by queue View Post
Maybe as funny as seeing IROP Pants put on the TVs at Times Square.

Speaking of... I see BJ has issued cease and desists to the old uploads.

This communique is for entertainment purposes only. It does not implicitly or explicitly acknowledge employment with any air carrier nor is any relationship implied. This communique does not represent the opinions or policies of ALPA or JB ALPA and does not represent the collective pilot group, ALPA, nor does it imply collective bargaining, advocacy, or workforce actions intended to disrupt operations.
This is the dichotomy of Jetblue. Using an old analogy Jetblue is a hub and spoke company of ideas simultaneously puling cost and structure in multiple directions. The potato VP, the tech ventures VP or the flight ops VP all have similar say in the operation of Flight Ops.

This proves extremely detrimental to the operation as the ability to fix known issues in OTP are never adequately addressed. Rather than implementing an industry standard known fix the millennial with a tie idea is chosen instead. The results are obvious. What happens next is equal vexing as the management structure or decision making process never changes. Instead Jetblue stickers airplanes with a tag line blaming ATC.

It doesn't matter if you are on an EDCT or ground delay program the simple fact is Jetblue can't board a 150 seat aircraft in the time it allots with the man power it allots. Add catering issues, ramper issues or any other little hiccup and you have Jetblue OTP ranking 12/12.

All this is outside of any pay and benefits discussion.

Although I do not have the facts to support my statement I would suggest OTP was better prior to all the contract negotiation issues. A motivated pilot group can erase many, many management failures.