Old 05-09-2018, 08:37 PM
ocskyguy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016
Position: Old and Unemployed

Originally Posted by ShadyMilkman View Post
For any IP's lurking:

I'm new to 121 and AQP.

In my part 135 flying, a line check was recorded on FAA form 8410, Airman Competency/Proficiency Check. On this form, boxes were checked to reflect which specific regulatory requirement was satisfied by the check being given. Eg: 135.293, 135.299, etc.

On a Kalitta Air SIC initial line check following IOE, what document is ultimately completed, and what regulatory reference is that document satisfying on the initial SIC check?

Does the SIC initial line check document point back to 121.440, or something else? Would the official document still be an "Airman Competency/Proficiency Check," or maybe something else that exists in AQP?

Thanks for answering. It's just clarification for my logbook.
A. If you need to document your training in your logbook, you don't have enough hours yet to tell yourself that the training stuff is fluff.

B. Yes, I am a ball buster.

C. AQP is a multi gate training program. For initials, you have 3 separate validation events that collectively create your type rating. So, it is not a one liner in the logbook. If you really want to document it, it is 5 FTD sessions, 5 simulator sessions, 3 LOFT events and a check ride, which is the LOE.

You can PM me if you want more specifics...