View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 12:36 PM
Tuck
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: MD11 FO

Originally Posted by DLax85 View Post
Tuck -

Please provide the pay you are assuming for each year 14 thru 30 in your calculations above...or at least confirm you are assuming the average pay over those 17 years is $314,705.88
Using 401a17 limits at that point as average WB pay will surpass that.

Now, if you limit one plan to 25 YOS, while allowing the other to go to 30 AND you limit one plan to $260K, while allowing another to be indexed to a higher IRS limit - then those two changes may offset the decrease in earned benefit

It’s easy to show Plan VB is greater than Plan A, when you assume there is NO WAY we could possibly improve Plan A.
I'm not assuming anything but I believe, and everyone with knowledge in this area believes, the company will not improve the current A plan. It's not that they can't afford to - they refuse to. Line in the sand. We wasted a TON of time in 2011 and 2015 CBAs to try and get them to move and they didn't. So we can go down that road again and likely end up wasting a ton more of time or we can try something new. On the other point, yup, having no limit on YOS is a plus for the VB plan, realizing of course that it may delay seniority progression as some (very few historically) decide to delay their planned retirement based on the new VB plan). I think it's worth it though (and my seniority would be delayed).

The company cries “we’re too poor...we can’t possibly make any improvements” (...All while pilots are working 4-5 years longer AND their payouts in retirement are 4-5 years less...Hmm?)

Then our leadership proclaims “We must change!”

(We must abandon High 5, we must work longer for the same earned accrued benefit, and we must accept the investment risk)

Does the financial data provided by the company (presented in my first post in this thread) support thses statements in 2016?

What will the 2017 data show?

Given market returns last year, what about 2018?

I’m going to predict the next 2 years will also showing FTAP funding levels over 100%

In Unity,

DLax
Once again your basing this on whether the company can afford it. I can easily afford to give my son a $50/week allowance but I choose not to. No matter how much he complains, whines or continues to ask me he isn't going to get it. So we can go down that road again but I believe there's nothing there.