View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 03:18 AM
pinseeker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006

Originally Posted by FXDX View Post
NOTHING has been negotiated, there is NO floor. Your benefit could be less if you have the misfortune of retiring after a few down years in the market. We would be releasing the company from their liability, accepting all the market risk ourselves. We can already do that with our B fund, I don't want to do that to my A fund.

So far all we have is promises that the folks on LTD won't be left behind and those who got hired later in life and won't ever maximize their benefit under the current plan won't get left behind. Those promises give me no solace whatsoever. Another thing they don't discuss during the meetings is a few years of 4A2b. Sure, every year counts, even the bad ones, especially the bad ones.

Nobody will be left behind, yeah, never heard that before.
Exactly!!!

A380 pay rates for 777, lie flat seats, FDA LOA 1 is the best we can get, lots of hidden money in grid penalties, it's a 3% pay raise.... why should I trust that the union won't screw up negotiating the VB plan and then sell it to the crew force as the best we can do? What's their track record? There are way to many variable in the VB plan that need to be negotiated, and the union has already shown their hand stating what they would be happy with. FedEx will only negotiate down from there.