View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 08:03 PM
OTZeagle1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by WutFace View Post
I would be very cautious throwing judgement around so freely. Alaska's not in a great position at the moment either. To be honest, they look like they are in a far worse position than Virgin was at the time of buyout.

The AS sales model in its current form isn't scalable. You have regional loyalty, and that's it. You don't have the route network of the Big 3. You don't have the national brand loyalty like Southwest. And you don't offer premium services like Jetblue or the former Virgin America. I don't know how AS sells tickets outside of the PNW.

Virgin, on the other hand, could have been the JetBlue of the west. They had a product that was scalable and could have reached niche markets nationwide. To write VX off as an inevitably failed airline from the start is arrogant and ignorant. But I've come to expect nothing less.
This sir is a clueless rant. You really have no understanding of even the most basic concepts of airline economics. VX lost 300 mil in 10 years. I don’t even know where to start. I do understand your frustration though, change is hard. Your thoughts and beliefs are fabricated from scattered emotions and not solid economic data.