View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 05:19 AM
MelT
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016
Position: 757

Originally Posted by KC10 FATboy View Post
Welcome to PBS.

Yes I realize that this is what PBS would look like and that is why I will never vote for a contract with PBS in it. Its also why I have never bid VTOs for flying before, I don't want to leave my schedule up to the whims of the schedulers or the software. I'd rather know what my line consists of early in the month so I can make plans and prepare for the battle when open time releases to try to improve my schedule.

With the bid packs deteriorating and being a junior pogue it may come down to bidding secondaries for me and I'd like to get some advice from folks who have experienced the new system if they are willing to share. I understand the hesitation to give away secrets on the bidding process.

Something all the flexes on the 75 CA list should know, getting a secondary line pays average BLG when you are pay only. When I flexed I would bid highest line BLG down to the average, then bid all secondaries, and then bid highest paying regular lines down to RLG, then bid all reserve lines, then all regular lines again until I ran out. I'm sure most flexes bidding pay only do the same.

Anyway, thanks again for any advice or experience with the new system anybody is willing to share.