View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 09:48 AM
Globemaster2827
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by Davetastic View Post
Your totally unsubstantiated and random "over 1/3rd of Atlas Captains" statistic is over the top. To equivocate your position with an E-trade commercial depicting 1/3rd of American's not having a retirement is disingenuous. Your incessant and increasingly militant position will not garner support for your cause because people just generally don't respond well to that sort of delivery method. To your credit, I do remember S.A. a few years ago saying that it was his opinion that we'd have a contract by now but to press a company officer in a check airman meeting to "put it writing" is bad form. It just paints a target on your back. If you want to be that guy go ahead but I'd look for a different way to herd that cat.
The "1/3rd" comment was an obvious play on the video. However, large percentages at Atlas don't contribute to their 401k's meaning they probably have no retirements. The retirement program we do have is one of the worst in aviation. I personally recommend putting back more than the 5% match on 10%. Of course that effectively reduces what you make... Retirement is the most important thing Atlas pilots need in my humble opinion.

SA was probably lied to. Sound familiar?

I'm not talking about a Check Airman meeting. I'm talking about actual negotiations where Dietrich was asked to put it in writing that we'd see across the board advances in work rules. He avoided the question multiple times. This happened in March.

The bottom line is that things aren't going well no matter how you want to paint it. There are reasons to come to Atlas, but most of those involve taking your new type to a job fair. Come here with at least 6 months in living expenses to get you through the first year or you'll be living on a credit card. 2nd year pay isn't a huge leap.