Old 05-12-2018, 12:21 PM
bluesky24
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by Pilatus801 View Post
I have made no claims to being a professional pilot. I am a GA pilot working my way up. I've researched the Colgan crash plenty and find the 1,500 rule that followed to be a kneejerk/political result. The punishment didn't fit the crime. More than anything the crew were very fatigued, the FO claimed to not be feeling well, lack of sterile cockpit and the CA had like 7 failed prior check rides. And look what the rest of America got as a result.

Me, a troll?? Wow, some of you guys on here are pretty wimpy.
You have 220 hours and working on your instrument and commercial? I’m sure it seems like you have a long way to go to even get a job as a regional First Officer. Then someday upgrade to captain, build PIC to get hired at a legacy or major and finally feel like you are making a decent living doing what you love (maybe you’ll love it still). An avaition career takes a lot of work to get to where you want to be. It sounds like you are rationalizing ways to take shortcuts and find ways to cut corners and jump the line of all the aspiring aviators working digently to reach their career goals and aspirations. Someday if and when you get where you want to be; you will look back and realize how foolish you sound and realize that the 1500 rule has made your career more worthwhile and profitable. Otherwise you will quit because it’s not worth the time and effort required to reach that requirement. Either way the 1500 rule is not your problem...You are