Old 05-12-2018, 02:11 PM
Pilatus801
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017
Position: Family guy

Originally Posted by bluesky24 View Post
Your tone and rebuttals comes across as confrontational and blaming. The 1500 rule is important for safety. Before it, pilots were getting hired with 250 hours needing 100 hours of IOE and then a year or two of flying with Captains who basically had to babysit them. Luckily a lot of the Regional Captains had a lot of experience and were able to handle the demands of flying with very green FO’s. Even before the Colgan crash the FAA was riding on the jumpseats of these low time FO’s evaluating them because they were concerned about the safety risk. The 1500 hour rule was long overdue and the Colgan accident was the catalyst to make the change. Not only did it improve safety but it was also beneficial in that it increased wages at the regional level. To try to have a conversation otherwise in my opinion is foolish. Especially when the main reason you have a problem with it is that it is a burden and/or obstacle to your present situation. But it’s easy to make bogus claims that flying around a traffic pattern or straight and level flight for 1500 hours won’t make you a better pilot. I have 10000 hours and am still actively learning and trying to become a better and safer pilot.
Not true. I am only responding with tone to those who are making false assumptions or being condescending. Read my OP. There is no tone, just opening a topic for conversation. Then some people decide to dress me down or judge me and accuse me of knowing nothing. So i speak up.