View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 03:37 PM
Adlerdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain

Originally Posted by FrankTheTank View Post
Vacation with a secondary is a bone job!
I'm exercising uncharacteristic restraint here and you'll note my response contains little to no sarcasm or ridicule even though I think it's warranted. I'll simply point out we have a record number of new hires on the property across all the fleets and I think it's likely many of them visit this forum hoping to find answers to questions. Based on the questions I get asked about vacation, deviations and other high level topics, it's clear our education process is broken. So, maybe a little more detail might help someone understand the point you're trying to make.

However, I'll counter with a suggestion that vacation and a secondary can work quite well if one's goal is to get the entire month off with full pay. Someone who enjoys winter sports and is junior could choose to bid 15 days of vacation in Jan or Feb and have a high probability of getting it. Now they bid a secondary and get paid 90 hours without turning a wheel for the entire month and ski, snowmobile, whatever their butt off.

And that's a bone job how?