View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 09:19 PM
WutFace
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2017

Originally Posted by KnockKnock View Post
It’s not so much about being positive as I’m just not being purposefully negative. I don’t see things as dire as you do. Slowing growth to 4%, not what I want to hear but I get why. We’re still in the middle of an acquisition and it takes longer then a year to capitalize on the deal. Lowering the projected hiring numbers, not what I want to hear but I guess when only a small percentage of people who threatened to leave actually do, they don’t need as many new pilots. Closing bases, well, even you guys have admitted that the writing was on the wall for a long time on that one. I look beyond what’s happening here to other mergers and acquisitions and see it will take some time to realize the potential. I don’t know how long you were at VX but did you show up to work every day angry when they were losing money or did you keep a level head until things started to turn the corner? Why get spun up over things we have absolutely no control over? The only lever you can pull right now is to leave and if you’re not willing to do that, then you have to accept what’s happening and ride the ride.
I love how expectations have slid from "Smoothest Merger Ever™" to "Hey, at least you're not TWA!"

I appreciate trying to remain positive, but I feel that AS pilots have a conditioned higher tolerance to career struggles than most. And it's not healthy. That sort of condition is how contracts get passed without scope clauses.