View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 09:24 AM
Bungalow
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by JackStraw View Post
6 posts on APC and they’re all dedicated to an Atlas Air hiring thread by a “retired major airline pilot” who is so fascinated by the hiring status of an airline that 98% of major airline employees have never heard of. Yeah right. No one is buying it.
Ok I’ll play. Let’s asuume that I am like you say, a management troll, or Napoleon, or Mother Teresa, or anyone else you want think of.
How does that have any bearing on the substance of my observation ?

Let’s review. I stated that a person who is employed by a given employer (Atlas in your case but it could be anyone) who so despises said employer to the point of warning others to stay away at all costs, but yet remains himself employed by this employer, represents a clear contradiction.

Now there are perfectly legitimate reasons for such contradiction, I mentioned a couple that I could think of. One you can’t get hired anywhere else. Two, you don’t want any prospective new employees showing up because it strengthens the union case in the negotiations.Three, you suffer from some physiological malady where you enjoy pain and misery. There maybe others.

Back to my original point. If a potential new candidate ask for advice regarding this place of employment, and you respond with a strong negative, wouldn’t it be much more genuine if you acknowledge that your advice is tainted by one of the reasons above ?
Otherwise the new guy is going to ask the obvious
What the hell are you still doing there ???

That’s all I was trying to have a discussion about. Who I am makes zero difference in this matter. But perhaps, like someone said above, you are political hardliners with no interest in debate but rather engage in personal attacks.
I’m out. Back to my beach bungalow. Good luck with your career.

PS: I think the correct term for my former employer is no longer “major airline” rather “Legacy Airline” nowadays. But what do I know, being an old dude and all.

Last edited by Bungalow; 05-13-2018 at 09:40 AM.