View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 02:49 PM
Saltlife85
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: A319/320 Right Side

Originally Posted by KnockKnock View Post
I don’t think anyone at AS fell for the “smoothest merger ever” shtick. I’m pretty sure everyone knew the day it was announced it was going to be a long exhausting experience for all involved. Did you buy into their b.s.? Is that why you’re so cynical? Because if you’re expecting immediate results after a $2.5 billion acquisition and merger of two totally different companies it seems like maybe you did buy into BnB’s propaganda and are now disappointed it hasn’t played out like they promised. We can go back and forth all day and night about the future of AS. You saying we’re doomed and me saying we’ll be fine. The true lies somewhere in the middle. AS will continue to experience highs and lows, just like every airline, that ever was, has experienced them. Things are changing and from where you sit, it seems like for the worse because what was familiar to you is now gone. However, from where I sit, I see company working to break out of the small niche market that we’ve succeeded in for 85 years, and bring that success to a larger audience. Short term pain for long term gain right? We have one job at this company and that’s to fly the jet safely. I’m not in marketing, I’m not in sales, I’m not in RnD, I’m not in HR, I’m not in management, I’m in the font of the plane with my feet up, drinking my coffee, thinking about how to improve the contract in a yr and a half. All this other stuff is just noise. I can’t speak for any contract passed here and the dynamics of how things used to get done are from a long bygone era. I don’t know about this precondition to career tolerance. However, please quote VX’s section 1 scope clause so I can compare it to AS’.......I’ll wait.
Are you saying that alaskan actually has scope language?