Thread: 2018 new TA
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 05:05 PM
Excargodog
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by StrykerB21 View Post
Back then the one or two we got were Navy pilots looking to be Norfolk based for a few months until Delta calls. They obviously did just fine.

Now its pretty high for a number of reasons. I couldn't give you a percentage because I just don't know.
Yeah, but you miss the point on attrition. I meant attrition from the rest of the pilot group.

Back then you got one or two who did just fine, whereas now you are getting 15 but washing out 12 for a net of three. But how many of your existing pilots were getting picked up by a major then and how many now? Some of the ULCC have hired FOs with no TPIC, and retirements at the traditional majors are high and will be going higher for the next five years.

Two guys back then may have more than covered your attrition due to people getting hired away. I doubt that three guys will now. Most majors seem to select people during the year but bring them on board in the fall when the summer flying workload eases up. You gotta wonder how many captains already have the letter, and are waiting to give their two weeks notice until sometime in August or September.

And that isn't just for Air Wisconsin, it's for all the regionals. These will be interesting times....