View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 06:12 PM
Globemaster2827
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by Davetastic View Post
There is no disputing whether or not you trust our negotiating committee. The question is and remains, "WERE YOU THERE?" during negotiations and heard first hand if Dietrich was "pressed to put it writing" or is it hearsay? The point here is that you are just as guilty as Dietrich supposedly is of not answering the question!!

Also, you can't say that new hires will be facing a credit card bill. You have ZERO insight to a new hires finances. You are projecting your opinion onto others to bolster your argument. It makes you sound desperate and uneducated. And once again you are throwing around baseless claims with "attrition reflects that" comment. You just can't help yourself can you? You have been poisoned by your own hysteria....you actually believe the BS you are eating and spewing.

Our contract shortcomings are not in dispute either. It is the ridiculously exaggerated comments that have become well overplayed in this political game that are in question. Get a new hammer.

1st... My sources are better than yours. Period.

2nd... No I wasn't personally there. I know several who were on a personal level. They are honest people who I've known for more than the 3 years and change that you've been here. I've known them when we were Baby Giants and were starting out as regular members on committees. Being an Atlas Pilot isn't new to me. This may blow your mind but things like Open Time came in onesies and twosies every month. A record year of hiring was 150 a year and it went down the next few years. We hired 0 pilots between January and Mid March one year. There was no ATAM. Nobody else was hiring.

3rd... You're correct. If Bill Gate's son works here he probably isn't living on a credit card. But for the average person making $6400 in 4 months (BEFORE taxes...) means that you need another source of income. Credit Card, Emergency Fund, Independently Wealthy Parents, a Spouse who makes a ton of money, a Single person living at home with Mom and Dad... Most fall into the first two. Most fall into the first from what I'm hearing out on the line.

4rth... Why are people leaving? We lost something like 220 in 2017. Why'd they leave if it wasn't Work Rules, Retirement, and Pay? Did they all win the lottery? Are they all starting at Short Stop for the Yankees? Maybe they've all started their own Pop bands...

Dave.... Instead of acting like you're some moderate beacon of truth understand that you're not plugged into the management side OR the union. I'm sure you've got some great info on how life on the line is as do I. There are MIA training instructors and union guys on here who do have some inside info. Contrary to what you're acting like it is very important that new hires know about the work rules, the retirement, the first year pay and the hostile tactics from management that the Negotiating Committee is experiencing. There are reasons to come to work at Atlas, but things are highly unlikely to be getting better here in the next year and that's what's said in public and private by both management and union leadership.