View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 04:57 AM
MusicPilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Driving a Bus for Recreational Pleasure.

Originally Posted by KnockKnock View Post
Nope, I stand firmly by my argument that it’s total hypocrisy. You knew before you interviewed that VX did not have scope, yet, you still went. You did not know when or how long VX would be a non union shop without a contract and therefore you had no idea when, if ever, you’d get the chance to vote in scope. Yet, you still went. You can’t use time as your crutch. As it stands, you went to an airline with no scope and had no idea if or when you’d get any. You guys claim to be vets of the industry knowing how important scope is to an airline and yet you still went to one without any. If scope was on the back burner for you then, why do you now have the gumption to chastise AS pilots who have no scope. To this I say, neither of our groups can hold the moral high ground on this issue and therefore the hypocritical argument should be dead in the water. Let’s move on to things that are actually important like....getting scope
What makes you think AS management will ever give up Scope? What makes you think they care about your career and to write language to protect it? They showed their true colors during arbitration, which I’m not sure why arbitration would ever be written in a contract. Yes, a lot of people chose to go to VX, but many really didn’t have a choice at the time. VX management was also a different breed than AS management.

Albeit only work rules, they were really good on following what was written and when there was a discrepancy they actually came to the table to try to come up with an agreement to fix it. Two totally different animals. Becoming AS wasn’t a choice for the VX pilots, but that’s how this industry works sometimes.

Now, we have to find a way to fix the holes in the current AS contract and it’s going to take all of us. Let’s just see how management tries to manipulate that.