View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 05:53 AM
Saltlife85
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: A319/320 Right Side

Originally Posted by MusicPilot View Post
What makes you think AS management will ever give up Scope? What makes you think they care about your career and to write language to protect it? They showed their true colors during arbitration, which I’m not sure why arbitration would ever be written in a contract. Yes, a lot of people chose to go to VX, but many really didn’t have a choice at the time. VX management was also a different breed than AS management.

Albeit only work rules, they were really good on following what was written and when there was a discrepancy they actually came to the table to try to come up with an agreement to fix it. Two totally different animals. Becoming AS wasn’t a choice for the VX pilots, but that’s how this industry works sometimes.

Now, we have to find a way to fix the holes in the current AS contract and it’s going to take all of us. Let’s just see how management tries to manipulate that.
As a VX’r I gotta call you out on that one. Different animals? I think not. Make no mistake this management team and AS are very similar, they all are. DC and the rest screwed this pilot group over several times during my 6 years here. IPO comes to mind. And I disagree they came to the table willing to fix things and followed the “rule book”. Reserve rules come to mind, among many others. CSS/management was always interpreting things so that it benefited them. I agree with everything else you said .