View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 07:24 AM
The701Express
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: 1Durrty5

Originally Posted by PasserOGas View Post
The survey is what scares me. With 25% of our pilots ALPA no voters and another 15% demoralized "I just want a CBA" people I wonder what exactly that survey looked like.
Don't forget about the survey many of us took back in January and the many more pilots who wanted, but were unable to join us. That's not behavior indicative of a pilot group that's resigned itself to accepting a below average contract.

The message this pilot group sent that day wasn't just toward management, displaying our anger and discontentment, but was also a show of support to the negotiating committee, MEC, and all of the other ALPA volunteers who have been working at and/or away from the bargaining table to bring us to this point.

Having spoken with some of them at the picket and afterwards, I don't think that message has been forgotten.

Passer, the internet by its nature tends to blow the extreme and ridiculous positions out of proportion and give them more prominence than they would have in the real world. It's the behavior and actions of this pilot group and our union leadership that has earned my respect and causes me to place my trust in them. Without knowing anything else, that's all I'm willing to say until more information is presented to me.

No matter how much we speculate about what caused and AIP to be reached this month, or what it contains, it doesn't change the fact that we have zero information regarding any of it.

None of us knows the results from the latest survey.

None of us knows what is contained within this AIP.

What we do know is that a pivotal point in many of our careers is upon us. Let's get this right so we can look back at the end of our careers with pride rather than regret. Whether that's a yes or no vote, none of us can make that call until we have the TA in front of us.

We can't allow speculation to muddy the waters and negatively affect ourselves before we have some very important, fact based discussions regarding a TA, if/when that is presented to the pilot group.

My suggestion:

We've all been rowing hard for over three years, some of us even longer than that. We deserve a breather. The weather is beautiful again, it's the pre-summer lull, we all have our own ways of recovering and grounding ourselves. Whatever it is, do that, because once the details of a TA are released, it'll be either a mad dash to the finish line, or more rowing, depending how we vote. Regardless, we need to be rested and ready to pass this test. We may soon each have the honor of voting for or against the first Jetblue pilot CBA. Our collective efforts have set the bar pretty high so far, let's not falter after achieving so much already.