View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 04:08 PM
JohnBurke
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by 330busdriver View Post
Many Thanks for clearing that up.

The confusion came over the definition of pt121 and what the FAA are looking for. To my limited knowledge pt121 refers to scheduled air transport ops. Having worked for airlines my entire career outside the US I wasn't sure if this considered for licensing/upgrades etc. I've never heard of a domestic requirement like this before in Europe or Asia before.
I'm not sure how one could be confused about Part 121.

If the operator holds a Part 121 certificate and operates under 14 CFR Part 121, then it's a Part 121 operator.

If the operator does not hold an operating certificate under 14 CFR 121, then it is not a 121 operator.

Where is the confusion? Are you saying that you think foreign operators who don't hold an operating certificate under the United States Code of Federal Regulations, Title 14, Part 121, are somehow 121 operators?

Originally Posted by la polvora View Post
Now where 121.436 request to be on N registered aircraft of US 121. The requariment are related to aircraft weight , 121 over 30 pax, 135 over +9 pax excluding any crew. Or 91 operation on turbo jet aircraft multi crew. So if you have +1000 Sic on 121 no matter where you should be ok. Aviation is worldwide regulated the same
That is entirely incorrect and you have no idea what you're talking about.

Originally Posted by mike sierra View Post
While I see your point, I just want to add some other info:

ICAO recognized countries (which most of places in the world are) also regulate their airlines by PART 121 with the local differences from ICAO standards published in the difference parts. So it still may be possible, I guess the only way to figure out is to ask FAA for a letter of interpretation.
You understand that Part 121 refers to the UNITED STATES CODE OF FEDERAL REGULATION, right? You're attempting to say that other countries regulate under Title 14 of the United States Code of Federal Regulation, Part 121? Neat trick.

Other countries sometimes pattern their regulation after US regulation, but do NOT receive operating certificates from the FAA to operate under 14 CFR 121.

Which foreign carriers are issued FAA operations specifications?

Last edited by JohnBurke; 05-15-2018 at 04:36 PM.